Support the Non Smokers' Movement
Be an active nonsmoker as a member of the NSMA:
(1) You'll be closer to the day you get smokefree public places
and smoke pollution is banished. Help make smoking go out of fashion.
(2) You'll be helping to prevent the tobacco industry from hooking
your kids and other young Australians on the addictive deadly
(3) You'll be backing an organisation that's linked to health
groups all over the world, all dedicated to ending the tobacco
(4) The NSMA's newsletter, Non-Smokers' Update, will
keep you up-to-date on issues of interest.
Clean Air free of tobacco smoke for everyone who wants it: that's the
aim of the Non-Smokers Movement of Australia, and it's even the
wish of most smokers.
The Aims of the Non Smoker's Movement
The NSMA is a non-profit body founded in 1977 to:
* win the recognition of the right of nonsmokers to breathe smokerfree
air in all public places
* end tobacco advertising in all forms - sponsorship, point-of-sale
promotions and other marketing ploys
* increase taxes on tobacco to help pay for the drug's cost to
* protect minors from passive smoking in cars and other confined
Our Track record
The NSMA has achieved many successes. It acts as a catalyst -
the biggest results with the least resources. It also works with
groups active in health, education, consumer affairs, union affairs
and the environment.
The movement believes that tobacco promotion can be stubbed out
only by changes in laws relating to advertising, taxation and
the quality of the air we breathe.
Working bees are held in the office to get the newsletter
ready for mailing, your help for a few hours would be much appreciated.
Occasional social activities such as restaurant nights
They are a good way to make new friends and meet like-minded people.
You can learn about forthcoming activities by watching this web site or by writing to us. Better still, join the movement and continue the fight for clean air.